Latest News 29 10 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome back to school – we hope you all had a lovely half-term break. Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Remembrance Day –Remembrance Day poppies have arrived and are now on sale in the school office, along with other items such as zip pulls, reflectors, silicon wristbands and the popular snap bands.
- ‘Starting Full-Time School – Autumn Term 2022’ – If your child was born between 1st September 2017 and 31st August 2018, it’s time to apply for them to start school full time from August 2022. The deadline to apply is 15th January 2022. Please see here for further details.
- DT week – The pupils loved taking part in DT week, for some of their creations please see here.
- Wonder Day – All pupils took part in Wonder Day as part of the start of their new topics. They thoroughly enjoyed seeing what they could discover. Please see some photos here.
- ARH Reading Heroes - It’s been wonderful to see the pupils starting our new reading initiative, for further information please see here and remember to remind your child to bring in their reading journal every day to get the most points.
- Flu Immunisations – The flu immunisations planned for next week (1st-5th November) have been postponed by the NHS. Rescheduled session dates and further details will follow as soon as possible. Please see a letter from the NHS here.
- Parents’ and Carers’ Evening – As we are approaching Parents’ and Carers’ Evening, we have put together all of our end of year expectations for reading, writing and Mathematics. This will give you an overview of all of the objectives your child will be working on this year. Please click here to find them.
- Parents’ and Carers’ Evening – Tuesday 2nd November – Virtual; Wednesday 3rd November – In-Person. Please click the links for further information. Zoom information will best sent out next week.
- Maths Investigation Week – The week commencing 1st November is Maths Investigation Week. Pupils will be taking part in lots of mathematical activities to really get their brains thinking!
- Anti-Bullying Week – The week commencing 15th November is Anti-Bullying week.
- Y5 swimming – The letters for Eagles and Hawks swimming has been sent out; it is also available to see here or here (PP). Swimming will start on Monday 22nd November.
- Earrings in P.E. – Please remember that earrings cannot be worn for P.E. and cannot be taped up either. They need to be removed. Please see our jewellery policy for further information.
- Year 3 P.E. Change – Chameleons’ and Dragons' P.E. will now be on a Thursday afternoon, instead of a Monday. This will start from next week (w/c. 1st November); please ensure that your child brings their P.E. kit for the correct day.
- Y4, Y5 and Y6 Cross Country – Thursday 3:30 – 4:30pm
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.