At ARH, we firmly believe that
EVERY SECOND COUNTS!
‘Miss school and you miss out’
We want to see all our pupils with 95% or above attendance
There is a clear link between attendance and achievement. Whenever a child misses school, they miss out on important learning. This time can never be caught up. Regular attendance is the most important factor in a child reaching their full potential. 90% attendance actually means that your child has been away from school for half a day every week! If your child has 90% attendance for a whole year, that means that they have had nearly 4 whole weeks off school in a year. That equates to 19 days or 80 lessons.
- We will do our best to contact you on the first day of an absence by telephone.
- We will contact you if we have any concerns over attendance and punctuality.
- We will also contact you by letter if we have not been given a reason for absence.
- We will reward good and improving attendance. We give awards to pupils with 100% attendance at the end of the Summer Term.
- We give weekly class attendance certificates.
- We will support you in promoting good attendance and punctuality.
- We will be there for you if you contact us about issues that may be impacting on your child’s attendance. We will do our best to support you and find a solution to the problem.
- The School’s Safeguarding, Attendance and Admissions Manager and Educational Welfare Officer will get involved with persistent absentees.
What should you do?
Contact us on 0116 262 4003
Let's work together to improve attendance!
Percentage attendance for
Week ending 25th March 2022