Latest News 28 01 2022
Dear Parents and Carers,
Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Swim Teacher offer – Over the coming months, Leicester City Council is planning to grow its evening and weekend ‘learn to swim’ provision across the city and will be offering a training course in April to interested residents of Leicester to train up to become a swimming teacher, with a view to them starting work in May. If you are interested, please see the poster here.
- Year 2 Parent Information - The Year 2 teachers have created useful videos to inform parents and carers about end of Year 2 Expectations and SATS Information. Please take some time to watch these videos in order to further support your child at home. If you have any questions, then please speak to your child’s teacher.
- Aspirations’ Week – This year Aspirations’ Week will take place in the first week of Spring 2. It would be amazing if we could have a wide variety of speakers to come in and talk to our pupils about their jobs. If you have any friends or family who are willing to speak to our pupils about their jobs and their skills, please contact Mrs Nanda to make further arrangements by Wednesday 9th February. If a visit to the school is not possible, a video recording could be another option.
- History Day – Friday 4th February 2022, pupils will get the chance to explore what the lives of pupils were like. Please see the letters here (EYFS) and here (KS1/KS2).
- Y4 swimming – The letters for Arctic Foxes and Polar Bears swimming have been sent out; it is also possible to view the letters here or here (pp). Swimming will start on Monday 21st February.
- Y3 Anglo Saxons Day – On Friday 11th February 2022, Year 3 will be having an Anglo-Saxons day as part of their Smashing Saxons topic. Please see the letter here.
- Parking – Please remember to park courteously around the school site when dropping off or collecting children. Please don’t block residents’ driveways. Remember that you cannot park on the zig-zag lines and that parking restrictions are in place to keep children and our local community safe.
- Kedzior Award - We are continuing to encourage all children to volunteer and give back outside of school. This can include helping around the home, helping others or volunteering in the community. Pupils/parents can keep a log and send this information to Mrs Nanda or put it on Seesaw. Remember, volunteering is one of the five ways to wellbeing. The nominations need to be in by Monday 7th February. Winners will receive a Headteacher's pick of the pot and a class treat of the winner's choice!
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school.
- String Orchestra – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
- Y2 multi-sports – Tuesday after school in the downstairs hall.
- Y4/5/6 Cross country –Thursday after school.
- Y2 Singing Club – Thursday after school.
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
- Y5/6 Basketball Club – Friday after school.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.