Latest News 27 05 2022
Dear Parents and Carers,
What a lovely end to this half term with the children out having a picnic to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee. We hope you have a restful and fun half term and we look forward to seeing you after the break. Please remember, school opens again on Monday 6th June. Here are this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Message from the Head and Deputy Head – Please see an end of term message from our Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher here.
- Jubilee Celebrations – Children across the school have been taking part in a wide range of Jubilee activities. It was wonderful to see the children’s bunting and each class’ Jubilee Plaque, which is displayed on the Jubilee Tree on the front field. To see some of these plaques, please click here.
- Athletics – On Wednesday children from Year 4, 5 and 6 attended the West Area Leicester Athletics Championships and were very successful. We won 1 gold, 3 silvers and a bronze medal. We were also proud of the way our pupils represented themselves and the school.
- LCFC Foxes School Cup Tournament – Today children from Year 6 competed at the Leicester City Training Ground in the Foxes School Cup. Pupils had a great day, played some great football and came third. Well done!
- Household support –
- Holiday Activities –
- Menu change – On Monday 6th June, the school dinner menu will be jacket potato instead of creamed potato due to a supply issue. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
- Year 1 Phonics – Pupils in Year 1 will be completing their phonics screening check during the week of the 6th June.
- Year 4 Multiplication Tables Check – Year 4 children will be undertaking the statutory multiplication check during the week of the 13th June. For further information please see the DfE leaflet here.
- Year 1 Captivating Creatures Visit – ‘Captivating Creatures’ will be visiting our school and holding workshops on the environments that different animals live in on Thursday 23rd June 2022. Please see the letter here for further information.
- Year 5 Drayton Manor Trip – Year 5 will be visiting Drayton Manor Theme Park on Thursday 30th June as part of our ‘Innovative Inventions’ topic. Please see the letter here for further information.
- Year 5 Leicester Music Festival – Year 5 have an exciting opportunity to take part in the ‘Leics Make Music Summer Festival’ at De Montfort Hall and Gardens, celebrating the Queen’s Jubilee. The date for this is Tuesday 21st June 2022. Please see the letter here for further information.
- Year 6 Brocks Hill – Year 6 are going to Brocks Hill on Friday 10th June 2022. Please see the letter here for further information.
- Year 6 Peak District Trip – As part of our ‘50 Things to do before you are 11 ¾ ’, on Thursday 16th June 2022, pupils will go to the Peak District, which is a fantastic place to tick many activities off the list. Please see the letter here for further information.
- Year 2 Conkers – As a reward for their amazing behaviour and focus during the Year 2 SATS, Year 2 will be going to Conkers. The trip will take place on Wednesday 22nd June 2022. Please see the letter here for further information.
- Year 6 Gorse Hill – On Monday 20th June, the Ocelots (6CM) and the Jaguars (6CU) will be visiting the farm. On Thursday 23rd June the Pumas (6SG) and the Panthers (6AV) will be visiting the farm. Please see the letter here for further information.
- Social Media Guides – Although we do not encourage our pupils to use social media, there are some great guides out there to support you as parents to help keep your children safer online. Please do see here for hints and tips on privacy, reports and more.
- Dinner Money – Please remember that for your child to have school dinners, their account should always be in credit to allow the system to order a dinner for them. Please ensure that you keep an eye on your child’s account or contact the office if you have any issues.
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school.
- String Orchestra – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.