Latest News 26 11 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
We hope you have had a great week. It was lovely to see so many pupils today wearing green and taking part in activities to learn more about climate change and ways to help the environment.
Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Winter Holiday Activities and Food Programme for eligible free school meal children – The Local Authority has announced that the Holiday Activities and Food Programme will be taking place across the school Christmas holidays for children eligible for free schools meals. Registration closes on Friday 3 December. Please see the letter here or click here for further information.
- Household Support Fund – If you need support with food, energy and water bills there is a Household Support Fund families can access. You can self-refer through the Household support fund website or by visiting Citizens Advice.
Should you require further help with this, please contact the school and ask to speak to Mrs Harvey.
- Year 3 parents and carers only – Year 3 have sent out a survey to family members on Seesaw through the Seesaw Family app. The survey is to gather opinions on the Year 3 trip options for this year. The link is also available here.
- Winter Art Week – Next week is Winter Art Week where pupils will be applying their artistic skills to create some wonderful winter pieces of art.
- Winter Ball – Reception, Year 3 &4 Tuesday 30th November; Year 1&2, Year 5&6 Thursday 2nd December. Please see the letter here. Final deadline for buying tickets is Monday at 12pm.
- Reception Welly Walk – Reception are having a sponsored fancy dress welly walk on Wednesday 1st December. The deadline to bring in sponsorship money is Wednesday 8th December.
- Year 1 Snowdome – Monday 6th December.
- Christmas Dinner – Christmas dinner for the whole school will be on Tuesday 14th December 2021. If you would like your child to have a Christmas dinner, please advise the class teacher/ask your child to let their teacher know. Orders need to be in by Friday 10th December 2021. If your child is entitled to Free School meals, we still need you to order a Christmas dinner if one is needed by telling your class teacher. Please see the delicious menu here.
- Year 2 Sleeping Beauty – Wednesday 15th December.
- Reception Curve – Thursday 16th December.
- Seesaw Families / Contact reminder – Please remember to use the Seesaw Family App to message your child's class teacher. Please do not use your child's class journal on Seesaw to send messages as the journal should only be used for your child's work and learning. Thank you.
- The Leicester Household Survey – We have been notified about this survey. The aim is to gather information about people’s housing circumstances, how people’s lives have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, how they find out about council services and how they like to be communicated with. The online survey can be completed by any city resident, until 10th December, at Leicester Household Survey 2021 - Leicester City Council.
- Winter Ball – The payment deadline is Monday 29th November at 12pm.
- Cross Country – This club has now stopped for this year and will resume after the Christmas Holiday. More information regarding this will follow in the New Year.
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school.
- Y6 Cards – have a lunch time cards club on a Monday.
- Y5/6 Table Tennis – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
- Y5/6 Choir – Choir club is on Thursday lunchtimes in Mrs Heaney-Fitzgerald’s classroom.
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
- Y2 multi-sports – Year 2 multi-sports club is on a Tuesday after school, in the downstairs hall.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here