Latest News 25 02 2022
Dear Parents and Carers,
We hope you all had a lovely half term. This half term looks like it will be another busy one. Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Wonder Day – Children across the school have taken part in Wonder Day this week to see what they can discover about their new topic. To see some of the exciting activities they have been taking part in, please see here.
- Crystal Maze Maths Day – On Tuesday this week, children took part in Crystal Maze Maths Day. On this day, children had a range of puzzles to solve which link to their topics this year. Each topic has a shape, number and a logic problem to solve. To see some of the fantastic activities, please see here.
- Ratcliffe College open day – We have been informed of an upcoming Open Day at Ratcliffe College. Please see here for more information.
- COVID-19 – As a school, we are continuing to respond and follow the up-to-date guidance from the Government. For more information regarding the Government’s updated guidance, please see here.
- Year 3 Skegness – Year 3 parents and carers will have received an email this week with a letter regarding the upcoming Skegness visit. Please see a copy of the letter here.
- Pancake Day – Tuesday 1st March 2022 is Shrove Tuesday. Our cook will be making pancakes as a dessert option for the children. There will also be the option of chocolate muffins for those children who would prefer not to have a pancake. Please see the poster here.
- Aspirations Week – Next week children be thinking about their future jobs and carers. We will also be learning from people with different careers.
- World Book Day – We will be celebrating World Book Day on Thursday 3rd March. For more information, please see the letter here.
- Y6 SATs Parent Meeting – Y6 Parents and Carers are invited to attend the upcoming SATs meeting on Monday 7th March at 3.45pm.
- Reception – On Thursday 17th March Reception pupils are having a Captivating Creature session. Please see the letter here for more information. The deadline for payment is Wednesday 16th March.
- Pupil Premium – Have your financial circumstances changed recently? If so, then you may be eligible for Pupil Premium! The pupil premium grant is extra funding that the government gives to schools to support and raise the achievement of underprivileged pupils. The amount a school receives depends on the number of pupils eligible for free school meals. Please click here to find out more information about Pupil Premium and how you can apply online.
- Bikes and Scooters – Please can we remind parents and carers that children are not allowed to cycle or scoot on the school site. Children are very welcome to cycle to school but are requested to walk their bikes and scooters round once they are on the school’s grounds. Thank you.
- Parking – We have received more complaints this week from our neighbours regarding some parents and carers parking inconsiderately. Some of our neighbours are now in contact with the police regarding the issue. We would like to again remind parents and careers to park safely and considerately. Thank you.
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school.
- String Orchestra – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
- Y2 Singing Club – Thursday after school.
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.