Latest News 24 06 2022
Dear Parents and Carers,
What a lovely week we have had; there have been multiple trips across the school, a fabulous choir performance at De Montfort Hall, our first sports day and some great weather. Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Musical Instrument Lessons – We are excited to announce that we are expanding the number of instrument lessons available to our pupils. Please see the letter here for more information and please complete the form within the letter if you are interested.
- Holiday Activities and Food Programme (HAF) – will be available over the summer holidays for children eligible for benefits-related free school meals. Eligible children can access up to 4 weeks of free activities and they will also receive a healthy lunch each day that they attend. Please see a list of programme providers and to register click here, registration closes on Sunday 29th June.
- Cricket Camp – Leicestershire CCC will be delivering summer camps at local cricket clubs around the County in 2022 during the school holidays. Please see here for further details.
- Better Health with Disney – Please see some PDF’s here from Disney for some 10 minute shake up games.
- Sports Day Raffle – Have a look at the three fantastic hampers that are available to be won. 1st Prize includes an Amazon Fire; 2nd Prize includes an Amazon Echo Dot; 3rd Prize is the perfect pamper package as well as other lovely goodies! Tickets cost £1 each and these are now available to purchase online via pay360 - you are very welcome to purchase as many as you would like. We will also be selling tickets at each Sports Day (cash only). All money raised will go towards enrichment activities and resources for the pupils.
- School Milk – Our school provides a milk scheme that is available to all of our pupils and we would like to invite you to register your child. School milk is free for under-5s, and for over-5s it is available at a subsidised* price of 25p per day. Click here for further information.
- Throughout the whole of July and August, children 0-15 years can sign up to take part and they have until Sunday 11 of September to complete the six-book challenge. –
- Meet the Teacher Morning – Children across the school will spend a morning with their new teacher in their new classrooms on Tuesday 28th June. Further information regarding your child’s new teacher has been sent today and is available here.
- SEND Coffee Morning - Mrs Watson would like to invite parents and carers into school for a SEND coffee morning on Tuesday 28th June at 9 am. Please click here to register.
- Year 5 Drayton Manor Trip – Year 5 will be visiting Drayton Manor Theme Park on Thursday 30th June as part of our ‘Innovative Inventions’ topic. Please see the letter here for further information.
- Nursery – The Little City visit for children in the Nursery will be on Wednesday 6th July. For more information, please see here.
- Sports Days – Please see below the date of each year groups’ Sports Days. We are excited to announce that there will be a raffle for several luxury hampers – tickets for these will be available for purchase on each Sports Day. More information regarding these events will be sent to you via Seesaw:
- Reception (Year 1 in Autumn 2022) – We have arranged for the children to go to Loughborough Town Hall to see Sleeping Beauty in pantomime on Wednesday 23rd November 2022 when they are in Year 1. Click here for further information.
- Dogs – We have seen an increase in dogs being brought onto site; please remember that dogs are not allowed on the school site.
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school.
- String Orchestra – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
- Tri-Golf – Thursday 3.20-4.20pm for Y3 and Y4.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.