Latest News 21 01 2022
Dear Parents and Carers,
We hope you have all had a good week. The half-term is in full-swing and the children are working very hard in their new topics. Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Year 3 Saxons’ Workshop – Year 3 had a wonderful time on Thursday in their Saxon assembly and workshop. The children were really engaged and thought about what life was like during this time.
- Reception Police Visit – Children in Reception had a visit from a local police officer on Thursday and learnt about what the police do as part of their ‘What’s Your Emergency?’ topic.
- Lunch Menu Adjustments – The kitchen team would like to explain that due to some delivery difficulties the lunch menu may be subject to change. We will endeavour to let parents and carers know, when we can, regarding any menu adjustments. The kitchen team would like to apologise for this and appreciate your understanding as this is out of our control.
- Online Sexual Harassment – We have been made aware of a new guide for parents regarding talking to your child about online sexual harassment. Here are some details to help support your child before they reach secondary school. There is a guide and poster.
- Spring Half Term Food Offer –
- Music Lessons – We have been overwhelmed by the amount of children who would like to take part in instrument lessons. All reply slips, from children in Year 2 to Year 6 have been passed on to the relevant instrument teachers who will be in touch with you regarding lessons.
- NHS Healthier Swaps – For details regarding healthier food swaps and ideas on how to live more healthily, please see here.
- Y5 Narnia Workshop – These are taking place on Monday 24th January for Ospreys and Owls and Tuesday 25th January for Hawks and Eagles. The deadline for payment is Monday 24th January. For the letter please click here.
- Reception and Y6 Height and Weight Checks – The school nurse team will be in school on Thursday 27th January 2022 to carry out height and weight checks for those children in Reception and Year 6. Please see here and here for more information.
- Friday 4th February – History Day across the school.
- Y4 swimming – The letters for Arctic Foxes and Polar Bears swimming has been sent out; it is also available to see here or here (pp). Swimming will start on Monday 21st February.
- All Star Reading Heroes – A key way to support your child with their learning at home is by reading with them daily. Also pupils receive points each time they read and can trade these in for prizes. Here is more information regarding this initiative. As well as reading books children bring home, pupils also have access to e-books through their Collins log-on. If you need more information about your child’s e-books please speak to your class teacher.
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school.
- String Orchestra – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
- Y2 multi-sports – Tuesday after school, in the downstairs hall.
- Y4/5/6 Cross country –Thursday after school.
- Y2 Singing Club – Thursday after school.
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
- Y5/6 Basketball Club – Friday after school.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here