Latest News 20 05 2022
Dear Parents and Carers,
We have been lucky with the weather this week for most of this week. Year 2 have been undertaking their SATs this week and we are very proud of how hard they have worked. Please see below for this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- HM Queen’s Jubilee Celebration – We will be celebrating the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee; please see the letter here with further information.
- Household support fund – If you need support with food, energy and water bills, there is a Household Support Fund available that the school can refer you to. Please contact the school office for further information.
- Year 6 Boys Football – On Tuesday, the Year 6 Boys’ Football Team represented Leicester City at Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford. The boys did the school proud with their behaviour and football skills! Although we didn't progress through to the final, this was a once in a lifetime experience and Mr. Orchard is extremely proud of them. Please see a photo here. Well done boys!
- ESPO School Fund – We’re pleased to announce that Alderman Richard Hallam is part of the My School Fund initiative. This innovative scheme allows us to boost our school’s budget with your help. Please see a letter here for more information.
- SATs – KS1 SATs for Year 2 will finish off next week: W/c 23.05.22.
- Year 4 Galleries of Justice Trip – We will be visiting the Galleries of Justice in Nottingham and experiencing the world of “Crime and Punishment”. Tuesday 24th May 2022 - Huskies and Polar Bears & Wednesday 25th May 2022 - Arctic Foxes and Penguins. Please see the letter here for further information.
- Year 1 Captivating Creatures Visit – ‘Captivating Creatures’ will be visiting our school and holding workshops on the environments that different animals live in on Thursday 23rd June 2022. Please see the letter here for further information.
- Year 5 Drayton Manor Trip – Year 5 will be visiting Drayton Manor Theme Park on Thursday 30th June as part of our ‘Innovative Inventions’ topic. Please see the letter here for further information.
- Year 5 Leicester Music Festival – Year 5 have an exciting opportunity to take part in the ‘Leics Make Music Summer Festival’ at De Montfort Hall and Gardens, celebrating the Queen’s Jubilee. The date for this is Tuesday 21st June 2022. Please see the letter here for further information.
- Year 6 Brocks Hill – Year 6 are going to Brocks Hill on Friday 10th June 2022. Please see the letter here for further information.
- Year 6 Peak District Trip – As part of our ‘50 Things to do before you are 11 ¾ ’, on Thursday 16th June 2022, pupils will go to the Peak District, which is a fantastic place to tick many activities off the list. Please see the letter here for further information.
- E-Safety Questionnaire – We are in the process of looking at what we can do to further support our pupils and community regarding e-safety. Please fill in the questionnaire here to give your views. It is open until Monday 23
- May Half Term – The school will close for half term at the end of the school day on Friday 27th May and open again at the usual time on Monday 6th June.
- Year 1 Phonics – Pupils in Year 1 will be completing their phonics screening check during the week of the 6th June.
- Year 4 Multiplication Tables Check – Year 4 children will be undertaking the statutory multiplication check during the week of the 13th June. For further information please see the DfE leaflet here.
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school.
- String Orchestra – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
- Athletics Club – Thursday after school.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.