Latest News 19 11 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
It was lovely today to see the children celebrating Children in Need and Odd Socks day. We hope you have had a wonderful week. Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Children in Need – So far the school has raised £711.48 for Children in Need. Many thanks to everyone for their donations.
- Fond Farewell – For the last seven years we have been supported by Ryan from Leicester City in the Community. Today is Ryan’s last day working with us at ARH. He brings boundless energy and enthusiasm into the school, especially in regards to sport. Both pupils and staff have formed the most amazing relationships with him and he will leave a big hole in a lot of our hearts. Ryan is about to embark on an exciting new adventure and we truly wish him all the best.
- Cleaning job – We currently have some vacancies for cleaners. Please email Mr Beardsmore for further information.
- Sleep Help – If you find your child has sleep issues, please see here for some support and information.
- Green Jumper Day – Friday 26th November is Green Jumper Day. This day is all about raising awareness around climate change and educating the future generation about the importance of taking care of our planet. It would be wonderful to see the children dressed in green on this day. For more information, please see the letter here.
- Winter Ball – Reception, Year 3 &4 Tuesday 30th November; Year 1&2, Year 5&6 Thursday 2nd December. Please see the letter here.
- Reception Welly Walk – Reception are having a sponsored fancy dress welly walk on Wednesday 1st December. The deadline to bring in sponsorship money is Wednesday 8th December.
- Year 1 Snowdome – Monday 6th December.
- Christmas Dinner – Christmas dinner for the whole school will be on Tuesday 14th December 2021. If you would like your child to have a Christmas dinner, please advise the class teacher/ask your child to let their teacher know. Orders need to be in by Friday 10th December 2021. If your child is entitled to Free School meals, we still need you to order a Christmas dinner if one is needed by telling your class teacher. Please see the delicious menu here.
- Year 2 Sleeping Beauty – Wednesday 15th December.
- Reception Curve – Thursday 16th December.
- The Leicester Household Survey – We have been notified about this survey. The aim is to gather information about people’s housing circumstances, how people’s lives have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, how they find out about council services and how they like to be communicated with. The online survey can be completed by any city resident, until 10 December, at Leicester Household Survey 2021 - Leicester City Council.
- Winter Ball – The payment deadline is Monday 29th November at 12pm.
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school.
- Y6 Cards – have a lunch time cards club on a Monday.
- Y5/6 Table Tennis – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
- Y4, Y5 and Y6 Cross Country – Thursday 3:30 – 4:30pm. This Thursday (25th November) is the last one for this year. A further letter will follow regarding the club starting again in the New Year.
- Y5/6 Choir – Choir club is on Thursday lunchtimes in Mrs Heaney-Fitzgerald’s classroom.
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
- Y2 multi-sports – Year 2 multi-sports club is on a Tuesday after school, in the downstairs hall.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.