Latest News 18 03 2022
Dear Parents and Carers,
It has been a very busy week in school, as you will see by the amount of notices below. We hope you have had a great week and enjoy the weekend in the Spring sunshine. Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Year 6 Football Team – A big well done to the Year 6 Boys Football Team who won the regional competition on Wednesday. The boys will now represent Leicester City at a nationwide football tournament in May at Watford F.C's Stadium: Vicarage Road. They have made the school very proud.
- Red Nose Day – Today it was lovely to see the children in their own clothes to celebrate Red Nose Day. We would like to thank you all for your generosity. We have managed to raise over £690. Thank you.
- Climate change video – Adam Pepper has created an amazing climate change film starring our very own pupils in Year 3, 4, 5 and 6. Click the link to have a look at our A.R.H. film here.
- Sign Language Week – we have been informed that 14th to 20th March is Sign Language Week by the British Deaf Association. Please click the link for more information and for activities you can take part in. Home - Sign Language Week
- Easter Wreaths – If you are interested in an Easter Wreath making event, please see the poster here.
- Height and Weight check – The school nurse team unfortunately had to cancel their clinic this week for those pupils in Y6 and Reception that missed the height and weight checks. We have been notified that the new date is
- Map Day – Children will be taking part in map activities on Thursday 24th March.
- Y4 Greek Day – Year 4 will be taking part in a Greek Day on Friday 1st April.
- Parents Evening – Parents’ and Carers’ Evening is taking place on Tuesday 22nd March and Thursday 24th March to discuss your child’s mid-year report which will be coming to you on Friday 18th March. Please see the guides for in-person or virtual to understand our expectations.
- Attendance – Please click here to see our latest attendance data.
- Supporting your child at home – For a guide to the end of year expectations in reading, writing and Mathematics please see here.
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school.
- String Orchestra – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
- Y2 Singing Club – Thursday after school.
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.