Latest News 15 10 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
We hope you all have had a lovely final week of this half-term. Please see below for this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Jubilee Tree – We had a wonderful event at the school today. The Lord-Lieutenant of Leicestershire presented the school a beautiful maple tree as part of the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations. The Lord Mayor of Leicester also attended as well Steve Walsh. For pictures of the event please click here.
- Black History Week – Pupils across the school have had an assembly and workshop from the Emmanu’EL Apostolic Gospel Academy Choir today as part of our Black History week.
- Half-term Newsletter – please see here for the half-term message from the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher.
- All-Star Reading Heroes – Next half term, we are going to be starting an exciting new reading initiative called 'All-Star Reading Heroes'. Please watch the video to find out more about how the initiative will work and what you can do to help support your child at home.
- Year 1 Junk Modelling - Could we ask parents/carers to bring in any junk modelling they have to school on Monday 25th October please? Year 1 are going to be making planes and would love any empty plastic bottles or cardboard boxes etc. If you have any materials, please give these to your class teacher.
- Reception Materials - Reception (F2) are asking if any parents who are in a trade that have spare materials could they be donated to the school e.g. wooden pallets/cable wheels/paint/guttering. We would love to improve our small world area outside.
- New Topic Letters – For all of the parent and carer letters for pupils’ new topics next half term, please click here.
- Reception – Thursday 28th October Teeth Brushing assembly.
- Year 2 – Monday 25th October Tudor assembly and workshop.
- Year 3 – The first day back after half-term (Monday 25th October), we are having a dress-up day for our Kapow! topic. Please could the children come dressed up as their favourite superhero.
- Year 5 – On Friday 29th October, Y5 have a trip to Abbey Park as part of their Invaders and Traders topic.
- The first week back will also be DT week across the school.
- School Individual Photos – These will take place on Tuesday 26th October. Please see the office staff if you are unsure whether you have given consent for these photos. Unfortunately this year there will be no sibling photos.
- Parents and Carers Evening – Tuesday 2nd November – Virtual; Wednesday 3rd November – In-Person. Please see here for more information.
- Whole School Flu Vaccine – Wednesday 3rd November is the date of the flu vaccine. Please ensure you have completed the consent form before Tuesday 2nd November. Please see here for the letter.
- Reception Curve Trip – The trip is on Thursday 16th December and a payment of £15.66 needs to be paid by Monday 25th October.
- Breakfast and After School Club – We have some spaces in our Breakfast and After School Club. Please see here for more details.
- Positive Cases during Half-term – If your child tests positive for COVID-19 during the half term, please contact the school on 07512 277557 so we can perform our Track and Trace duties.
- COVID Reminder - The main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
a high temperature
a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot, for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
a loss or change to sense of smell or taste – this means they cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
What to do if your child has symptoms
If your child has any of the main symptoms of COVID-19, even if they're mild:
Get a PCR test (test that is sent to a lab) to check if they have COVID-19 as soon as possible.
Your child should stay at home and not have visitors (self-isolate) until you get the test result – they can only leave home to have the test.
- Y4, Y5 and Y6 Cross Country – Thursday 3:30 – 4:30pm
- Year 3 are going to be starting clubs from next half term. We would like children to sign up using the link provided on Seesaw so we know how many children will be in each club. Children can come to reading club every week and are then able to sign up to one other club. If there is enough space after the initial sign up, we will allow children to sign up for more clubs. Please contact your class teacher using the messaging service if you have any questions. For more information on these clubs, please click here.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.