Latest News 11 02 2022
Dear Parents and Carers,
It has been another busy end to a great half term. We would like to wish you all a happy half term holiday and we are looking forward to seeing all the pupils on Monday 21st February. Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Children’s Mental Health Week – Pupils across the school took part in activities this week regarding mental health and wellbeing. For more ways to support your child with their mental wellbeing please see here.
- Leicester Museums – Leicester Museums have shared an activity sheet his activity sheet can be used across all of Leicester Museums and Galleries. The majority of the Leicester Museums and Galleries venues have free entry. Please see the link here.
- Year 5 Narnia Workshop –
- School Dinners – After
- New Topic Letters – You can find your child’s new topic letter here. These letters detail the new learning and ways you can support your child at home.
- The Kedzior Award – We are super proud to announce this half term’s Kedzior Award winners are: Adam C and Jada B. Adam achieved this award for donating new toys to a charity called ‘Toys on the Table’ during the Christmas period. Jada achieved this award for giving her time to volunteer at her local church for the past 8 months! She has been using her amazing skills and talent, playing the drums and the piano for the congregation. These pupils are excellent role models and have been rewarded with a certificate; a Headteacher’s pick of the pot and have chosen a whole class treat. Huge congratulations to these fantastic pupils and thank you for all that you do! The next nominations need to be in by Tuesday 5th April 2022, please see here for further information.
- School re-opening Spring 2 – School will re-open after the half term holiday in Monday 21st February.
- Crystal Maze Maths Week – During the first week back after half term, pupils will be taking part in exciting Maths’ problem-solving activities.
- Aspirations Week – This will be taking place on the week commencing 28th February. We are looking forward to learning from people with different careers.
- World Book Day – We will be celebrating World Book Day on Thursday 3rd March. For more information, please see the letter here.
- Height and Weight Checks – TYear 6 and Reception.
- Reception – On Thursday 17th March Reception pupils are having a Captivating Creature session. Please see the letter here for more information. The deadline for payment is Wednesday 16th March.
- Y3 Skegness – Year 3 will be going to Skegness on Tuesday 5th April; more information will follow after half term.
- Year 6 S.A.T.s meeting – There will be Year 6 S.A.T.s meeting after half term, please here for further information.
- Considerate Driving – As a school, we are fortunate to have a dedicated crossing patrol for the safety of our school community. When driving around the school entrance, please ensure you are taking great care and respect the crossing patrol.
- Y4 Swimming – The Arctic Foxes and Polar Bears swimming lessons will start on Monday 21st February.
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school.
- String Orchestra – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
- Y2 Singing Club – Thursday after school.
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.