Latest News 10 12 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
We hope you have all had a lovely week. It has been yet another busy week in school with Hour of Code lessons taking place as well as the finishing touches to recorded Carol Concerts and Nativities. Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Household Support Fund - We have been notified that a decision has been made to temporarily suspend the public application form while the claims are processed. Should you require any support, please contact Mrs Harvey. We will let you know when the public form is available to take applications again.
- Christmas jumper / festive attire – Friday 17th December - We are not officially celebrating National Christmas Jumper Day this Friday (Today, 10th December). Instead, we are having an ARH Festive Attire Day on Friday 17th December. We are encouraging pupils to wear something festive such as a Christmas jumper, Santa hat, a tinsel scarf etc – be creative! Please note that no donations will be required.
- Crossing Patrol – Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, there will be no School Crossing Patrol on Avebury Avenue until we return to school in January. Please take extra care when crossing the road.
- Dinner Debt – If your child has school dinners (Years 3 - 6) could we please ask that you check their Pay 360 account before the end of term to make sure that it is all up to date.
- Leicester Football Coaching Course – Please see here for information regarding a football course which is open to children from Reception to Year 6.
- Christmas Dinner Day – Tuesday 14th December.
- Year 2 Sleeping Beauty – Wednesday 15th December.
- Reception Curve – Thursday 16th December.
- ARH Festive Attire Day – Friday 17th December
- Class Christmas Parties – Please see the dates below for the end of term parties:
Wednesday 15th December
Thursday 16th December
Children are able to come to school on these days in their party clothes and are welcome to bring in a small donation of party food (Pre-packaged food only, no homemade food and no food containing nuts please).
- Christmas Holiday – School will close for the Christmas Holiday on Friday 17th December at the end of the school day and we will re-open on Wednesday 5th January at the normal time.
- Flu Immunisations - The Nurses are hoping to come into school in January to administer the Flu Immunisations - could we please encourage parents and carers to register your children if you have not already done so.
- Non-smoking site - Please remember that the whole of the school site is a non-smoking zone. Please refrain from smoking whilst on the school site. Please see our No Smoking Policy for further information.
- Y6 Table Tennis – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
- All other clubs will resume in the week commencing 10th January 2022.
- Basketball – In the New Year, there will be the opportunity for Y5 and Y6 to join our new Basketball Team. Children who have shown an interest in this club will be given a letter to bring home today. Due to limited spaces, names will be drawn out of a hat and pupils chosen will be advised with a confirmation note.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.