Latest News 08 10 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
We hope you have had a lovely week. It has been wonderful to see the pupils wearing yellow today to celebrate World Mental Health Day.
Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Attendance Information – Please click here for very important information regarding attendance.
- Parents’ and Carers’ evening – For information about Parents’ and Carers’ evening, please click here.
- Kedzior Award – Please find exciting information about this term’s winners of the Kedzior Award here.
- Nursery Sponsored Walk – The Nursery children had a wonderful time on their sponsored Welly Walk earlier this week and have so far raised just over £550.
- Clothes Bank –
- Black History Week – Next week we will be celebrating Black History Week across the school through engaging and exciting activities. During this week, children will be learning about a range of famous figures who have made significant contributions to our society such as: Martin Luther King JR, Barack Obama, Marcus Rashford, Nicola Adams, Malorie Blackman and many more. This week is alongside our Diversity in the Curriculum Map which happens throughout the year.
- Whole School Flu Vaccine – Wednesday 3rd November is the date of the flu vaccine. Please ensure you have completed the consent form before Tuesday 2nd November. Please see here for the letter.
- School Individual Photos – These will take place on Tuesday 26th October. Please see the office staff if you are unsure whether you have given consent for these photos. Unfortunately this year there will be no sibling photos.
- Year 3 – The first day back after half-term (Monday 25th October), we are having a dress-up day for our Kapow! topic. Please could the children come dressed up as their favourite superhero.
- Year 5 – On Friday 29th October, Y5 have a trip to Abbey Park as part of their Invaders and Traders topic.
- Year 5 / 6 African Mask Making – On Tuesday 12th (Year 5) and Wednesday 13th (Year 6), we will be taking part in African mask making and dance workshops.
- Before School Expectation – please see here for an important letter regarding before school expectations.
- P.E. Kit – Please remember to send your child to school with the correct P.E. kit in a bag to change into. This includes a white t-shirt, black or navy shorts / joggers and appropriate footwear. For indoor P.E., this could be plimsolls and for outdoor P.E., trainers. Football kits are not permitted. Thank you.
- Entering the school building – A polite reminder that parents are not to enter the school building unless invited in by a member of staff. Thank you.
- School dinner – Please remember that school dinners must be paid for in advance.
- Nursery Waiting List – If you have a child that has recently turned 2 years of age, you are welcome to complete a form for them to be put on the waiting list for when they are eligible for nursery.
- Y6 Boy’s Football – Monday 3:40 – 4:40pm
- Y4, Y5 and Y6 Cross Country – Thursday 3:30 – 4:30pm
- Y5 and Y6 Girl’s Football – Friday 3:40 – 4:40pm
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.