Latest News 08 04 2022
Dear Parents and Carers,
Well what a busy half term this has been! We can’t believe it is Easter already. We hope that you and your families have a wonderful break and come back refreshed for the Summer term. Please see below for this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Headteacher’s message – Please find attached a message from the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher here.
- Year 2 and Year 3 P.E. Days – Year 2 and Year 3 are swapping P.E. days. Year 2 will now be on a Monday and Year 3 will be on a Tuesday. This is due to Year 2 now working with Leicester City in the Community to support P.E. lessons.
- Nursery Places – If your child is eligible for a nursery place and you would like to apply for a place in our nursery setting in September the cut-off date for applications is 1st May 2022. Please contact Keri Ryan in the school office with any queries.
- Latest Topic Letters – To find out what exciting topics your child will be learning about, please click here to read the Summer 1 Parent and Carer Letters.
- SEND Newsletter – Please click here to see the Easter Newsletter from Mrs Watson, our SEND Co-ordinator.
- Easter Egg Hunt and Competition – Thank you for your support with the Easter Egg Hunt around the school and the Easter Egg competition. So far we have raised over £280 – thank you! We were very impressed with the Easter Egg designs and a winner from each class has been awarded an Easter Prize.
- Living with COVID – We are continuing to follow the latest National and DfE guidance. The most recent update is that children are not recommended to be tested unless directed to do so by a health professional. If your child does test positive, they should try to stay at home and isolate for three days. The biggest thing to remember is that if your child does not feel well, or has any respiratory symptoms, they should not come into school until they are well again. For more information please click here.
- Kedzior Award - We are incredibly proud to announce this half term’s Kedzior Award winners are Fleur M and Freya L. Fleur achieved this award for volunteering to help younger children. She has been doing this since December, starting with her younger sister in playing the violin to supporting dancers at her dance class. Helping others makes her feel genuinely joyful. She has been volunteering her support with a massive smile on her face! Freya has completed 10 miles on her bike and raised over £500 which has been donated to a charity called ‘Waterfall’ in Africa. The charity will use this money to buy 9 solar panels and build a well in a village. These pupils are excellent role models and have been rewarded with a certificate; a Headteacher’s pick of the pot and have chosen a whole class treat.
Please encourage pupils to submit many more Kedzior Award submissions. The next nominations need to be in by Tuesday 28th June 2022.
- Easter Holidays – The school will close for the Easter Holidays on Friday 8th April at the end of the school day and will open on Monday 25th April.
- Poetry Week – The first week back after Easter will be poetry week. Children will be looking at different types of poetry, writing their own and performing these in class.
- Bank Holiday – Monday 2nd May is a Bank Holiday so the school will be closed.
- Class Photos – Tuesday 3rd May we will have a school photographer coming into school to take class photos.
- Support and Help – Should you require any support over the Easter Holidays, please see here for links that may help.
- Year 2 Parents – KS1 SATs – As mentioned earlier on in the year, our Year 2 pupils will be sitting their SATs papers in May. This will be W.C. 16.05.22 and W.C. 23.05.22. It is imperative that your child is present to undertake these assessments so please ensure their attendance for these weeks. On Seesaw Year 2 teachers have sent more information and resources about supporting your child through SATs. Further information can also be found here:
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school.
- String Orchestra – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.