Latest News 07 01 2022
Dear Parents and Carers,
We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and we would like to wish you all a happy New Year. Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Wonder Day – On Wednesday the children explored their new topics through practical activities to see what they could discover. Please see here for some pictures of the things they got up to.
- COVID Updates – As you will be aware over Christmas there have been many discussions regarding COVID rates, isolation periods and booster programmes. Keeping up with the guidance can be difficult; we will forward information to you as we receive it. Here are the key updates:
- Positive LFD Tests - From Tuesday 11th January, if you get a positive LFD (lateral flow device) test result, you will be required to self-isolate immediately and will not be required to take a confirmatory PCR test. Please inform the school ASAP if you receive a positive LFD.
- Isolation Changes - If your child tests positive, you may now take LFD tests on day 6 and day 7 of your child’s self-isolation period. If they receive two negative test results, they are no longer required to complete 10 full days of self-isolation. The first test must be taken no earlier than day 6 of the self-isolation period and tests must be taken 24 hours apart. Anyone who is unable to take LFD tests will need to complete the full 10 day period of self-isolation. If both of these test results are negative and your child does not have a high temperature, they may end their self-isolation after the second negative test result and return to your school from (on) day 7.
- Flu Immunisation – The re-scheduled flu immunisations will be taking place on Wednesday 12th January. Parents can sign up until Monday at midnight. For more information about this please see the letter here.
- Y5 Narnia Workshop – These are taking place on Monday 24th January for Ospreys and Owls and Tuesday 25th January for Hawks and Eagles. The deadline for payment is Monday 24th January. For the letter please click here.
- Reception and Y6 Height and Weight Checks – The school nurse team will be in school on Thursday 27th January 2022 to carry out height and weight checks for those children in Reception and Year 6. Please see here and here for more information.
- Dogs – Please remember that dogs are not allowed on the school site.
- Parking – Please remember to park courteously around the school site when dropping off or collecting children. Remember that you cannot park on the zig-zag lines and that parking restrictions are in place to keep children and our local community safe.
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school (Starting Monday 17th January).
- String Orchestra – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
- Y2 multi-sports – Year 2 multi-sports club is on a Tuesday after school, in the downstairs hall.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.