Latest News 05 11 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
It has been a very busy week in school with Parents’ and Carers’ Evenings as well as Maths Investigation Week and a visit from Pudsey. Please see below for this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Children in Need – Even though Children in Need is next week, Year 6 children were filmed today for BBC Children in Need; this will air on BBC East Midlands Tonight (5/11) at 6:30pm. Look out for us! Here is Pudsey in the downstairs hall.
- Message from the Headteacher and Deputy Head – Please see the following message from the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher.
- Reception – To support your child at home, please click here for some ideas to regarding reading and phonics. To see how we are teaching your child phonics sounds, please click here to see Mrs Coyne demonstrating the sounds and actions.
- BBC Bitesize – Before half-term, several of our pupils were filmed for the new series of BBC Bitesize. This new series has started to be aired and it is on at 9am on the CBBC channel and will be on iPlayer a week later. Well done to our pupils who represented ARH so well.
- Maths Investigation Week – Pupils across the school have been challenged this week with lots of tricky problem solving activities. To see some pictures, please click here.
- Bag2School – The school PTFA would like to continue the Bag2School initiative as it was a real success last year. This initiative will allow you to have a good clear out and donate unwanted items, as well as raise funds for the school. Children will be coming home with a bag for you to use. Please check out the following link for further information about this initiative: Bag 2 School For more information about how this is happening in our school, please click here.
- Year 6 – A shocking discovery has been found by the pupils in Year 6. To read more about this, please click here.
- Children in Need – Friday 12th November is Children in Need; we will be having a non-uniform day please see the following letter here to find out more.
- Anti-Bullying Week – The week commencing 15th November is Anti-Bullying week.
- Odd Socks Day – Friday 19th November will be Odd Socks Day.
- Y5 swimming – Eagles and Hawks swimming will start on Monday 22nd November. The letters are available to see here or here (PP).
- Y6 Beaumanor Hall Trip – Year 6 have a trip to Beaumanor Hall on the 16th November (6AV & 6CU) and 18th November (6CM & 6SG).
- COVID – If your child tests positive for COVID-19 outside of the school opening hours, please still ring the school office 0116 262 4003 and leave a message with the appropriate details. The office staff will see this as soon as school opens. If you could inform us of the isolation period too, especially if this is changed by test and trace, this will allow us to keep our records up-to-date.
- Bonfire night / Diwali celebrations – LCC Public Health team have asked for messages to go out locally to encourage people to do the things they can to protect themselves. Please see a letter here from the Leicester City Council.
- Breakfast and After School Club – We have some spaces in our Breakfast and After School Club. Please see here for more details.
- Y4, Y5 and Y6 Cross Country – Thursday 3:30 – 4:30pm
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.