Latest News 04 03 2022
Dear Parents and Carers,
We hope you have all had a good week. Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- World Book Day – On Thursday children across the school took part in World Book Day activities. It was wonderful to see the children celebrating that we are all readers. The staff also got into the World Book Day theme; please see our staff here. We would also like to thank parents and carers by supporting the scholastic book fair.
- Aspirations Week – This week children have also been thinking about their future jobs and careers. Children in Key Stage 2 took part in a careers fair whilst children in Reception and Key Stage 1 had some visitors to their classrooms. We would like to say a special thank you to the parents and carers who volunteered their time to come into school to talk to the children, please see some photos here.
- Grasshoppers/ Caterpillars Places – We are still accepting application forms for our 15 hour and 30 hour Nurseries for children who will be turning 3 years of age before 31st August 2022. If you have any queries or would like an application form and are not able to collect from the school office, please contact Keri Ryan via email email@example.com
- Workplace Parking Levy – Please see here for information regarding the proposed workplace parking levy. If this is successful it will impact greatly not only on the children’s future education but also on the local residential area. Due to the following:
- The levy will be funded directly from the school budget, thus impact on the education of the children.
- Increased number of cars parking on the surrounding streets.
- Recruitment of excellent school staff could be affected.
We would strongly advise you to take part in this consultation, to have your say. Please click here to have your say.
If you would also like to contact our local councillors and share your views regarding the parking levy, it could make a difference. Please see their emails addresses below:
- Extinct Corridor – Strange sights have been seen down the Year 3 and Year 6 corridor! There have been dinosaurs spotted – please see a video here.
- Light Up Leicester – We have been informed about an exciting free exhibition around Leicester which will be taking place between 3rd – 6th March 6pm to 10pm. For more information, please click on the link Light Up Leicester 2022. We are proud to let you know that pupils from Year 3 will have their work displayed as part of the Light Up Leicester event this weekend, please see their work here. Well done Year 3.
- Y6 SATs Parent Meeting – Y6 Parents and Carers are invited to attend the upcoming SATs meeting on Monday 7th March at 3.45pm.
- Y6 Condover Hall – Children in Year 6 will be going on their residential to Condover Hall next week Wednesday to Friday. We hope they have a wonderful, adventurous time!
- Y4 Greek Architecture Workshop – Year 4 will be taking part in a Greek Architecture Workshop on Thursday 10th March before taking part in a Greek Day on Friday 1st April.
- Reception – On Thursday 17th March Reception pupils are having a Captivating Creature session. Please see the letter here for more information. The deadline for payment is Wednesday 16th March.
- Parents Evening – Parents’ and Carers’ Evening is taking place on Tuesday 22nd March and Thursday 24th March to discuss your child’s mid-year report which will be coming to you on Friday 18th March. The deadline to book your appointment is Friday 18th March at 9am. Appointment booking can be done through the email previously sent or alternatively please contact the school office who can help you.
- Red Nose Day – We will be celebrating Comic Relief on Friday 18th March. For more information, please see the letter here.
- Pupil Premium – Have your financial circumstances changed recently? If so, then you may be eligible for Pupil Premium! The pupil premium grant is extra funding that the government gives to schools to support and raise the achievement of underprivileged pupils. The amount a school receives depends on the number of pupils eligible for free school meals. Please click here to find out more information about Pupil Premium and how you can apply online.
- Supporting Reading at Home – On our website we have some handy tips for supporting reading at home as well as information about phonics. Please see here for information about how we teach phonics; here for the phonic sounds and here for help with reading at home.
- Bikes on site – Please can pupils and parents lock their bikes up in the correct designated places.
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school.
- String Orchestra – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
- Y2 Singing Club – Thursday after school.
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.