Latest News 04 02 2022
Dear Parents and Carers,
It is hard to believe that there is just one more week of this half-term. We hope you have all had a good week. Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- History Day – Pupils across the school have had a wonderful day today learning about the different decades.
- FA Cup Visit – We were very fortunate today to have the FA Cup and Community Shield come into school. Pupils across the school were able to see these magnificent trophies. Please see photos here.
- Holiday clubs – Trinity Life Church are holding free holiday clubs over February half-term. See the poster for more information here.
- Children’s Mental Health Week – Across next week, pupils will be taking part in activities to learn more about mental health and ways we can improve our mental wellbeing. For further support, please see here.
- Y3 Anglo Saxons Day – On Friday 11th February 2022, Year 3 will be having an Anglo-Saxons day as part of their Smashing Saxons topic. Please see the letter here.
- Y4 swimming – The letters for Arctic Foxes and Polar Bears swimming have been sent out; it is also possible to view the letters here or here (pp). Swimming will start on Monday 21st February.
- Reception – On Thursday 17th March Reception pupils are having a Captivating Creature session. Please see the letter here for more information. The deadline for payment is Wednesday 16th March.
- Aspirations Week – If you have any friends or family who are willing to speak to our pupils about their jobs and their skills, please contact Mrs Nanda to make further arrangements by Wednesday 9th February. If a visit to the school is not possible, a video recording could be another option. Please see here for further information.
- Milk – If your child is currently in the Reception Year Group (F2) and is under the age of 5, they will receive free milk. Once your child turns 5, they will not be entitled to free milk. Therefore, please follow the link to register and make a payment for your child to continue receiving their milk. Louise White is available in the School Office on a Thursday and Friday for any queries regarding milk.
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school.
- String Orchestra – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
- Y2 multi-sports – Tuesday after school in the downstairs hall.
- Y4/5/6 Cross country –Thursday after school.
- Y2 Singing Club – Thursday after school.
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
- Y5/6 Basketball Club – Friday after school.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.