Latest News 03 12 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
It is hard to believe another week has come and gone and we are heading towards the end of this busy term. We hope you have all had a lovely week. Please see below this week’s latest news, updates and reminders.
- Winter Ball – It was wonderful to see the children enjoying the Winter Ball this week. We would like to thank you for your support as the money raised from the event will go towards learning resources for the children.
- Reception Welly Walk – The Reception children had an excellent time on Wednesday completing their sponsored fancy dress welly walk, even if it was a little muddy! The children are raising funds for the school and the deadline for sponsorships is Wednesday 8th December.
- Winter Art Week – Pupils have been busy this week making winter art and decorations. Extra decorations that the children have made are going to Loros. You can see some of our lovely winter art here. We have also put up our Christmas tree for the children in the downstairs hall. You can see the tree here.
- Food bank – School still a supply of food items should parents and carers need any support, in addition Mrs Harvey can make a referral to the food bank in Beaumont Leys. Please contact Mrs Harvey at school if you would like any help from the school’s food bank.
- COVID-19 update – As you may be aware, we have re-introduced some further COVID measures, such as staff wearing masks. To help us reduce transmission rates, we would like to encourage parents and carers to leave the school site as quickly as possible after bringing or collecting your child and to be mindful of social distancing when on our site – thank you. For further information please see our Reopening Plan and updated Risk Assessment.
- A message from our PTFA – We would like to thank everyone who helped support Bags2schools. Please see our message here. We are also launching a Christmas competition. For more information, please see here.
- Hour of Code – Next week pupils will be taking part in exciting coding activities as part of our Computing Curriculum.
- Year 1 Snowdome – Monday 6th December.
- Christmas Dinner – Christmas dinner for the whole school will be on Tuesday 14th December 2021. If you would like your child to have a Christmas dinner, please advise the class teacher/ask your child to let their teacher know. Orders need to be in by Friday 10th December 2021. If your child is entitled to Free School meals or in Reception, Y1 and Y2, we still need you to order a Christmas dinner if one is needed by telling your class teacher. Please see the delicious menu here.
- Year 2 Sleeping Beauty – Wednesday 15th December.
- Reception Curve – Thursday 16th December.
- Christmas Holiday – School will close for the Christmas Holiday on Friday 17th December at the end of the school day and we will re-open on Wednesday 5th January at the normal time.
- The Leicester Household Survey – We have been notified about this survey. The aim is to gather information about people’s housing circumstances, how people’s lives have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, how they find out about council services and how they like to be communicated with. The online survey can be completed by any city resident, until 10th December, at Leicester Household Survey 2021 - Leicester City Council.
- Y6 Boys’ Football – Monday after school.
- Y6 Cards – have a lunch time cards club on a Monday.
- Y6 Table Tennis – Tuesday after school in the upstairs hall.
- Y5/6 Choir – Choir club is on Thursday lunchtimes in Mrs Heaney-Fitzgerald’s classroom.
- Y5/6 Girls’ Football – Friday after school.
- Y2 multi-sports – Year 2 multi-sports club is on a Tuesday after school, in the downstairs hall.
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.