Latest News 01 10 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to our first Latest News. The purpose of this newsletter is to streamline our communication with you. Here we will give you an overview of the events taking place at school as well as all of this week’s letters in one place. We hope this weekly newsletter is useful; if you do have any feedback regarding this newsletter, please contact the school office.
- Flu Immunisation – Please register your child for flu immunisation before 2nd November. Please find a link to the letter here.
- World Mental Health Day – Remember to wear yellow on Friday 8th October. There is no money donation required. Please click here for the letter.
- Material, Pots and Pans – If you have any spare material or old pots and pans, Foundation Stage would love to have them in their role play area and mud kitchens. Please donate any to your class teacher.
- Black History Month - Throughout October, we will be celebrating Black History Month. We will have a visit from the Gospel Choir who will be running workshops for the children. Year 5 and 6 will also be taking part in an African mask painting and dance workshop. Keep an eye on Seesaw for photos!
- Breakfast and After School Club – We have some spaces in our Breakfast and After School Club. Please see here for more details.
- School Dinners – Please be aware that week 1’s menu has a change. For more information please click here.
Upcoming dates and reminders:
- School doors – school doors open 10 minutes before the start of your child’s school day. Here are the timing of our school day and the time the external doors will be closing. After this point, please take your child to the Reception.
- Electric Scooters – Electric scooters are not permitted on the school grounds.
- Parking – Please be considerate to our neighbours when parking around the school site.
- Change of address or telephone number - Please advise the school office via email, alternatively a form can be collected, filled and returned.
- Absence - When calling to report an absence, please state a reason, unfortunately we cannot log ‘not well’, ‘poorly’ etc.
- Individual School Photos – Tuesday 26th October.
- Try a School Dinner Day – Thursday 7th October will be ‘try a school dinner’ day to encourage all children in receipt of universal free school meals (F2-Y2) to give school dinners a try. The menu which can be found on our website looks delicious!
- Y6 Boy’s Football – Monday 3:40 – 4:40pm
- Y4, Y5 and Y6 Cross Country – Thursday 3:30 – 4:30pm
- Y5 and Y6 Girl’s Football – Friday 3:40 – 4:40pm
For all this week’s letters, please check the Letters area of the school’s website or click here.