Term Time Holidays
Please be aware school is unable to authorise term time holidays unless there are 'exceptional' circumstances. Forms for requesting authorised absence are available from the School Office.
New national guidelines relating to school absence came into force in September 2013.
As a consequence of these changes school is no longer able to approve requests for leave of absence for reasons that are not considered to be special or exceptional such as:
- Availability of cheap holidays and cheap travel arrangements
- Days overlapping with beginning or end of term or inset days
- Day trips
- Sporting fixtures and shows
- Holiday dates of siblings at other schools
- Parents leave of absence from work cannot be in school holidays
Parents are requested to inform school of planned absence even if your reason for absence is listed in the reasons not considered to be exceptional. If no notification of absence is received school will presume your child’s whereabouts is unknown and have to act accordingly. Unauthorised absences result in a Penalty Notice being issued for over four consecutive absences or over 12 in half term period.