We firmly believe that……..
EVERY SECOND COUNTS!
‘miss school and you miss out’
We want to see all our pupils with 95% or above attendance
There is a clear link between attendance and achievement. Whenever a child misses school they miss out on important learning. This time can never be caught up. Regular attendance is the most important factor in a child reaching their full potential. 90% attendance actually means that your child has been away from school for half a day every week! If your child has 90% attendance for a whole year that means that they have had nearly 4 whole weeks off school in a year! That equates to 19 days or 80 lessons!
We promise to:
- We will do our best to contact you on the first day of an absence by telephone.
- We will contact you if we have any concerns over attendance and punctuality.
- We will also contact you by letter if we have not been given a reason for absence.
- We will reward good and improving attendance. We give awards to pupils with 100% attendance at the end of the Summer Term.
- We give weekly class attendance certificates.
- We will support you in promoting good attendance and punctuality.
- We will be there for you if you contact us about issues that may be impacting on your child’s attendance. We will do our best to support you and find a solution to the problem.
- The School’s Inclusion Manager and Educational Welfare Officer will get involved with persistent absentees.
What should you do?
Contact us on 0116 262 4003
Working together to improve attendance!