Music will be taught to all pupils in Years 3 to 6 by their class teacher from August 2020.
They will develop their KS1 music skills through progressive listening; performing; and improvising and composing opportunities. They will develop these skills via a wide-ranging, creative music curriculum.
Music Curriculum Overview 2020/2021
Music Curriculum Medium Term Plan 2020/2021
Extended Music Curriculum 2019/2020
At present we have the following clubs and lessons on offer:
- Years 2 and 3 - Ukulele Club (Tuesdays 3.15pm to 4.15pm)
- Years 2 to 6 - Violin lessons (Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the school day)
- Years 2 to 6 - Drum lessons - small group (Thursdays during the school day)
- Years 3 to 6 - Guitar Club (Mondays 3.15pm to 4.15pm)
- Years 3 to 6 - Percussion Club (learn the drum kit, samba drums and glockenspiels, working towards a performance in the Summer Term) (Wednesdays 3.15pm to 4.15pm)
- Years 5 and 6 - Steel Pans Club (Thursdays 3.15pm to 4.15pm)
- Years 2 to 6 - Fife and flute lessons (Fridays during the school day)
- Year 4 to 6 - Choir (Tuesday lunchtime) Membership by audition only
To find out more about music clubs and instrumental lessons, please click here.