From this page, you will find links to each year group's home learning.
- If you find the work is too easy or challenging for your child, please feel free to use the home learning resources for a different year group. Each year group has an email address that you can contact if you have any queries, concerns or need any help.
- Below, you can find links to lots of wonderful websites and additional home learning opportunities.
- Make sure you also check our school twitter account (@PrimaryArh) for our daily 'Marvellous Missions'! These can also be found in our video resource centre on the website.
- Home learning resources to support your child's emotional wellbeing and mental health can be found on the Mental Health section of our website.
We are delighted to announce that offschool.org.uk is now live, thanks largely to local teachers.
Off School is free for all families. Throughout the school closure period local teachers and authors will be creating short films of fun learning activities for families at home to keep children excited and enthusiastic to learn! Off School also helps parents and carers navigate their way through the maze of activities that are available. There is also a competition zone.
The SDSA has been working with local schools to develop Off School and we have dedicated our team’s expertise to provide this positive response to the needs of families alongside local schools. Thank you to everyone that has been involved so far, either through support, encouragement or making fantastic films!
Be SMART: Online Safety Video Lessons for 6 - 9 year olds (Childnet)
Childnet have released six new easy-to-follow videos for parents and children to work through together. The 10 - 15 minute videos offer simple, clear online safety advice using fun activities, games and discussion. There are optional follow-up activities to extend children's learning.
The videos can be found here: https://www.childnet.com/resources/video-lessons
Additional Home Learning Support
The Department for Education have provided a list of educational resources to help children to learn at home. These websites have been identified by some of the country’s leading educational experts and offer a wide range of support and resources for pupils of all ages.
The Department for Education has also produced a virtual academy called Oak National Academy. This website has series of lessons which include a teacher explanation and an activity to go with this. You can create your own schedule or pick the lessons individually – it is up to you. There are lessons from Reception to Year 6.
BBC Bitesize have created Daily Lessons. Here you will find daily lessons for English and Maths as well as lessons on Science, History, Geography and more. There are lessons from Year 1 to Year 6.
Below are some fun eco-learing opportunities for your child fo the coming weeks:
- Earth Day 2020 poetry competition
- 10 Air Quality Experiments for the Classroom or Kitchen
- Young Friends of the Earth Scotland workshops for 14-30 year olds
- Young Vet Club – Daily Fun
- Practical Action STEM Challenges at Home
Free home access to Clicker
Your unique Clicker 8 serial number is:
8ELD6 NC5R2 CF008 LK3GV
This will give you an initial six weeks of free access. Go to www.cricksoft.com/home-installation for all the information you need to get started, including installation instructions and helpful hints for getting the most out of the software. It is also recommended that you join our Facebook group, where there will always be someone on hand if you have any Clicker questions or ideas to share.
Clicker 8 is compatible with Windows/Mac machines/ iPads /Chromebooks
Clicker Writer Enrolment password
FA 3W19 MUQA CHNA
For a bit of fun or something different to do follow the link to Leicester City's Tour de Stadiums workbook.
For further online home learning please see a list of great websites in the document below
Please see our suggested timetables for how you may want to structure your week when learning at home. If you would like to structure your learning in a different way, for example taking part in project-based learning, then please feel free to do so!