Who is responsible for pupils with SEND?
- Checking on the progress of your child and identifying, planning and delivering any additional help your child may need (this could be things like targeted work, additional support) and letting the SENCO/Inclusion manger know as necessary.
- Ensuring a graduated response to learning needs is in place through careful assessment, planning and differentiation.
- Ensuring that all staff working with your child in school are helped to deliver the planned work/programme for your child, so they can achieve the best possible progress. This may involve the use of additional adults, outside specialist help and specially planned work and resources.
- Ensuring that the school’s SEND Policy is followed in their classroom and for all the pupils they teach with any SEND.
SENCO –Mrs J Watson
- Coordinating all the support for children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) and developing the school’s SEND Policy to make sure all children get a consistent, high quality response to meeting their needs in school.
- Ensuring that you are:
- involved in supporting your child’s learning
- kept informed about the support your child is getting
- involved in reviewing how they are doing
- Liaising with all the other people who may be coming into school to help support your child’s learning e.g. Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology etc...
- Updating the school’s SEND register (a system for ensuring all the SEND needs of pupils in this school are known) and making sure that there are excellent records of your child’s progress and needs.
- Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school so they can help children with SEND in the school achieve the best progress possible.
Inclusion Manager Mr D Gray
Mr Gray is available to discuss with you any concerns you may have about your child and is able to signpost the most relevant services to you. These may include family support services in addition to those available through the education system .He also has responsibility for transition between schools, particularly for vulnerable pupils.
Headteacher Mr J McGowan
- The day to day management of all aspects of the school, this includes the support for children with SEND.
- He will give responsibility to the SENCO/Inclusion Manager and class teachers but is still responsible for ensuring that your child’s needs are met.
- He must make sure that the Governing Body is kept up to date about any issues in the school relating to SEND.
SEN Governor Mrs Lisa Stones
- Making sure that the necessary support is made for any child who attends the school who has SEND.