What support is available for pupils with SEND?
- The school budget, received from Leicester LA, includes money for supporting children with SEND.
- The Head Teacher decides on the budget for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in consultation with the school governors, on the basis of needs in the school.
- The Head Teacher and the SENCO discuss all the information they have about SEND in the school, including:
- the children getting extra support already
- the children needing extra support
- the children who have been identified as not making as much progress as would be expected
And decide what resources/training and support is needed.
- All resources/training and support are reviewed regularly and changes made as needed.
- Support for children at Alderman Richard Hallam Primary School is based on research about the effectiveness of SEND provision; in the majority of cases this is not one to one support but a variety of strategies to meet the individual needs of our pupils.
- In some cases we may approach the LA for support with additional (Element 3) funding where levels of need are extremely high.